Thursday, February 17, 2011

Solution to Saturday's Puzzle

I found this piece to be quite funny. It almost seemed like the whole story is supposed to be a joke and humorous, but if I were to pick a joke or a part that's supposed to be funny, I would pick the part when he fills out the answers for the crossword puzzle. (At least that was the part that I started to crack up) I think it's supposed to be funny because even though the answer that Sedaris wrote wasn't the right answer, it kind of fit or went well with the clue. To directly bring the example from the piece, the first clue said "Seventeen across: a fifteen-letter word for enlightment." Then Sedaris says, "'I am not an asshole,' I wrote, and it fit." Another part that I would call a really good joke would be the part when he said that even the women's snore sounded like it was accusing him. And the way the a-word was written with the dashes, I felt like I was hearing Sedaris' voice, reading the story to me.

And I don't know if you'd accept a cartoon as a joke, but I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment